An Eye Examination is a series of tests carried out by an ophthalmologist or optometrist. Our doctors at Eye Sight and Surgery Associates examine both eyes from the inside and outside and are experienced at performing complete diagnostic eye exams to ensure the health of your eyes. Today it is recommended by health care professionals that patients get eye examinations as part of their primary care routine. Many eye and vision issues have no symptoms; therefore individuals are often unaware that a problem exists.
Eye Examination Tests at Eyesight And Surgery Associates Include:
- Refraction measures an individual’s need for prescription eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Visual Acuity tests how clearly you see. This occurs when the Dr. asks you to identify the different letters of the alphabet on a chart
- Pupil Function inspects the size of the pupils in order to make sure that they are equal
- Keratometry tests the curvature of the cornea
- Eye Movement and Focusing is the test of Ocular Motility determining how well the eyes focus and move
- Retinal Examination allows the doctor to evaluate the back of the eye including your retina, optic disk and the underlying layer of blood vessels that nourish the retina
- Eye Muscle test examines the muscles that controls the eye movement
- Color Vision is a multi Color Test determining weather you have poor color vision
- Visual Field Examination tests what you can see to the sides without moving your eye
Call Eyesight and Surgery Associates today. We strive to provide the most advanced comprehensive eye care for the Western MA community, including state-of-the-art cataract surgery using Premium implants to help reduce your need for glasses.